- From what I’ve read, RivaReno Gelato purport to be traditional Italian ice cream with a strong focus on high-quality ingredients, freshness and purity.
- A huge fan of Gelato Messina, I’ve passed RivaReno Gelato many times with a hint of curiosity over their take on ice cream.
- So, here’s the scoop (couldn’t possibly pass up the pun).
- The ice cream monster (yours truly) tried Fior di Panna: “a pure white cream with a touch of Madagascan vanilla” and Canella: “intense cinnamon with white chocolate chips”.
- I definitely noticed the smooth, light texture straightaway. Also, kudos to the ice cream for maintaining its structural integrity very well i.e. it melted at a much slower pace that allowed for leisurely consumption.
- Unfortunately, the ice cream didn’t deliver in the flavour department. After the initial mouthful, the cloying sweetness pretty much takes over and masks the flavours.
- While I appreciate RivaReno Gelato’s ethos, I can’t say I’m inclined to head back.