- A self-professed Gelato Messina fiend, I tend to take a moment to check out their blackboard of special flavours whenever I walk past.
- Smashed Crab’s promise of “peanut butter gelato with all sorts of random baked, caramelised and fudged bits and pieces” seemed right up my alley.
- It delivered well on the chunks aspect with a good variety of the aforementioned bits and pieces.
- The randomness made it difficult to identify what I was sinking my teeth into, though I’d wager that brownie pieces were involved to a degree.
- The peanut butter flavour was subtle, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
- What I do consider a downside of Smashed Crab was that the ice cream was too sweet (possibly part of the reason the peanut butter front seemed diminished?).