- The first time I heard about the concept of Dippin’ Dots was several years ago when my friend told me she had eaten ice cream pellets while on holiday in South Korea.
- There were whispers of Dippin’ Dots suppliers in Australia but I never really got around to chasing them down until recently.
- I tried a small 50/50 split of mint chocolate and cookies ‘n cream.
- The dots were a bit smaller than I had imagined but what surprised me more was their slightly – for lack of a better word – chewy texture.
- The flavours were fine, though mint chocolate was a tad better.
- As for Dippin’ Dots in the spectrum of ice cream, I’d say that it’s worth trying for the novelty of its form and texture but it does leave a somewhat odd/artificial/sweet aftertaste in your mouth so normal ice cream takes the cake for me.