- I wish I had taken advantage of Gelato Messina’s friendly tasting option before going for a whole scoop of Passionfruit Cheesecake.
- It was appropriately flavoured on the fruit front thanks to the fragrant and intense nature of passionfruit, and there was the customary scattering of black seeds.
- As it looked pretty nondescript, I could tell that the cheesecake component wouldn’t be delivered via any chunky shenanigans.
- However, the cheesecake incorporation into the gelato was vague at best.
- What bothered me more than the dominance of passionfruit though was the presence of ice crystals in the gelato.
- Ice crystals that were sizeable enough to add an unwanted crunch to each spoonful I consumed.
- A marred Gelato Messina experience that did not satisfy my hankering for some tasty gelato.