- “White chocolate, hazelnut and coffee gelato with candied hazelnuts.”
- My initial response was appreciative of the coffee note but then my tastebuds just got slammed by pure sweetness.
- Each subsequent mouthful was a push and pull between the coffee and hazelnut flavours, which would have been enjoyable and interesting sans the overarching sugar overload.
- The candied hazelnuts added a nice crunch.
- They may have needed more roasting though to bring out a richer hazelnut aroma.
- Alternatively, the hazelnut in the gelato could have been amped up.
- I’m not too big on white chocolate so I wasn’t really fussed about it not being evident.
- Although, perhaps it’s the white chocolate that was responsible for the sweetness?
- Lastly, this melted super quickly.