- I first stumbled across Chris Sandel in September last year, began reading his website and subscribed to his email mailing list.
- Recently, he emailed around an offer to receive a free health and nutrition plan.
- I love to eat but do feel that the relationship with food we have nowadays is wrought with unnecessary complications.
- Ideally, I want to learn how to listen to my body and trust that it knows what it needs.
- I want to nourish it with the right foods.
- I want to eat something, enjoy it, and then move on.
- It was an interesting 45 minute session that left me with some food for thought, as well as suggestions on changes I could make.
- One of the things I’ve been struggling with over the last year and a half is the inability to sleep through the night.
- Chris theorised that this could be because I’m not eating enough, which causes my body to increase its stress hormones.
- As a result, my sleep gets disrupted because my body is under stress.
- Anyway, his advice was to try increasing my intake of calorie dense food throughout the day and having a snack before bed.
- He also said that it’d be useful for me to keep a food log three days a week.
- So here’s what I ate.
Breakfast: Overnight oatmeal with cinnamon, half a banana and frozen blueberries (more or less a breakfast staple for me) + bread with cheese
Snack: Yoghurt with granola (both homemade)
Lunch: Toasted sandwich with avocado and feta + roasted cabbage, carrots and onions
Snack: Mixed nuts (not pictured)
Dinner: Iranian bread spread with feta and topped with BBQ chicken and cos lettuce which was a super tasty combination. And since I was pretty hungry, I ate some more cos lettuce topped with the BBQ chicken. This was then followed by two plums.
Snack: Macadamias + a teaspoon of peanut butter (not pictured)