- Dumplings are delicious morsels of food and Din Tai Fung proclaims to have “the world’s tastiest dumplings”.
- I don’t know how they rate on a global scale but I can attest that Din Tai Fung’s xiao long bao are extremely tasty.
- The thin and delicate pastry holds a tender pork centre that is surrounded by a flavoursome broth.
- It’s a little bit like eating a pillow or cloud of yumminess as the soft meat combines with the pastry and a subtle ginger note gets added from the broth.
- Not to get too carried away here by a steamed pork dumpling, but having tried various other things from the menu on numerous occasions (e.g. Shanghainese style drunken chicken, calamari light battered & served with a dipping sauce, crab meat & roe with pork dumpling), I always come back to the conclusion that the only thing worth eating at Din Tai Fung is many, many servings of xiao long bao.
- On a final note, they’re not created equally: the xiao long bao at World Square taste much better than those offered at Westfield Sydney.