- I ducked into Bourke Street Bakery to try their Beef Pie for lunch.
- When I was told that their tomato sauce was homemade, I had to squeeze some onto my pie.
- Obviously a freshly baked pie will reign supreme over frozen supermarket meat pies.
- The chunks of beef were generous and tender, and I liked the addition of small carrot pieces because it added to the flavour and texture of the pie.
- The puff pastry that encased it all was fine.
- The homemade tomato sauce was a nice sentiment but I found it too sweet.
- I don’t think I would eat the Beef Pie again.
- Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad by any means.
- I really enjoyed its homeyness but I think its seasoning needed some punch.